Super Easy Upside Down Pancake



I made this for breakfast this morning, I sprayed a small ceramic baking dish with cooking spray, poured a little sugar in the bottom to coat and then covered the bottom with thinly sliced strawberries.  I mixed up the pancake batter just like I always do for my "Happy Pancakes" except that I used "strawberry applesauce" and blueberry wheat pancake mix because that's what I had on hand.  Pour the pancake batter over the strawberries, put the dish in the microwave and cook on high until a knife comes out clean in the middle,  about 3-8 minutes.  Turn the Pancake over onto a serving dish and out a few fresh slices on top and VOILA you have a yummy breakfast that seems much fancier than boring old pancakes and you didn't even have to turn on the oven or sit at the stove babysitting them.

You can also do this easily with apples, pears. plums, etc.  it's best to cook the slices a bit first if you are using apples or pears but if I'm feeling lazy then I just cut the slices with a veggie peeler and then the slices are so thin that it doesn't matter.

1 comment:

cellosara said...

looks yummy. You certainly know how to be good lazy. I'll have to try this one sometime.