Serenity Now Blog Party, YEAH!!


I was so excited that I found this blog through Imparting Grace today, I was up late with insomnia and I wouldn't have been able to do it other wise since I'm in the middle of a move.  Amanda at Serenity Now is awesome along with her blog and she's in VA to boot!  She blogs about everything and anything with plenty of humor along the way.



She's asked everyone to join in the party by answering a few questions about their blogs and since I tend to be rather literal I figured I'd just answer them as she gave them.

~How long have you been blogging?
     Technically since '07 but I didn't really get into it until last month, now I'm TOTALLY HOOKED.

~Why did you start blogging?
     I started for SO many reasons, I love reading other people's blogs and I follow a new blog almost every day, and then one day I thought, I love to write, I always have a ton to say about things, why not start blogging about it, even if no one reads it at least I have a place to put all my random thoughts and accomplishments.

~Tell me about your blog's title. Why did you choose it?
     I LOVE alliteration, love, love, love it, I also love interesting words that are fun to say and not so commonly used, Maven fit the bill perfectly, I also tend to have a favorite word of the moment that I use a lot in everyday conversation, like obtuse, prolific, fervent, etc.  I wish I could think of more right now, two are on the tip of my tongue but "Mommy Brain" seems to have taken over and won't let them come out.

~What do you blog about?
     Mostly I really just blog about the stuff that comes up in my day to day life just being a mom that strikes me as fun, interesting, helpful, stuff that I would enjoy reading if it were on someone else's blog.

~What is your favorite thing about blogging?
     That I can delude myself into thinking that what I'm posting is actually helping other people and that it's not just me spewing my random and sometimes odd thoughts for my own benefit alone.

~If you had to choose one famous person to become your blog's next devoted reader, who would you pick?
     It's SOOOOO hard to pick just one but I'd have to say Amy Karol from Angry Chicken, I first found out about her by finding her book "Bend the Rules with Fabric" at Michaels and I was so inspired by her ideas that I had to check out her blog and from there I just fell in love, I felt like, "yeah, there's someone out there who thinks like me, only better, MUCH better."  You should really check out her site, she's funny, super helpful and just plain fun to follow.

Wow, this was way more fun than I even thought it would be, I can't wait to do this again.  Feel free to leave comments with links to your favorite blogs, including your own, I'm always on the lookout for another great blog to follow.

No comments: