Tuna Fish and Egg Salad Sandwiches:
It can be as simple as tuna fish or hard boiled eggs mixed with a little mayo on bread or you can use some of these ideas to give it a little more flavor. You can do just one or a few.
- Lemon Pepper
- a bit of Mustard and Paprika turns egg salad into Deviled Egg Sandwiches
- Celery Seed
- Turn it into a melt with Toast and a slice of Cheese melted on top
- Micro Greens, like broccoli sprouts
- Relish, mixed with a touch of mustard and celery seeds makes it taste like a creamy summer salad
- Fancy Mustard, like Dijon or honey, mixed in or spread on the bread
- Tomato Slices
- Fresh Herbs like Basil, Chives, Parsley, Cilantro, Thyme
- Cucumbers, sliced on top or diced and mixed in.
- Radishes, sliced on top
- Beets, my kids loved the pickled ones chopped up really fine and mixed in, it turns everything a pretty pink and adds just a little tang.
Macaroni and Cheese:
Most kids could practically live on it but there are lots of ways to change it up a bit, here are a few of my families favorites.
- Tuna Fish and Peas, sometimes with Lemon Pepper added
- Chili Mac
- Cauliflower or Squash puree
- Diced Tomatoes
- Nacho (jalapeno, corn and bacon)
- Hot Dogs
What are some other simple meals that you love and how do you spruce them up?