Tuesday Movies and Nanny McPhee


Tuesdays at any Regal Cinemas location is only $5 all day so yesterday was a great day for me to take my kiddos since my dd generally gets too rambunctious and just can't sit through a whole movie.  I figured that since I had liked the first Nanny McPhee pretty well and I love Emma Thompson that this one would be a good one to watch at a discount, not super high expectations but I was hopeful.

Well, my expectations were far exceeded, not only did I like this one better than the first but my dd actually sat through the whole movie with very little fuss, I hadn't even bought snacks to keep her happy.  I actually cried at the end, I'm pregnant so I may be more sensitive than usual, it really was a great little family flick.
It was very well written and the imagery was just wonderful, I love how they use such bright saturated colors in everything.  I give it three thumbs up one for me and one for each of my kiddos.

2 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I took my girls to see "Monsters Inc" today. Love cheap kiddie movies! :)

Kristin said...

Hey Andrea, so glad to hear this review! We loved the first Nanny McPhee, but I always seem to be disappointed w/ sequels. Now I'm super excited to see it though! Enjoy your Thursday my friend...