So many people, especially moms, have a hard time taking time for them; this is a way that you can give yourself a little boost without all of the guilt that we tend to heap on ourselves. Most of these ideas don’t require spending a single penny but they do require that you enjoy them.
Tips to get the most out of your “15 Minute
- Leave the world behind you.
- Set a timer with a gentle alarm.
- Pick something that will leave you feeling better about yourself.
- Savor your “getaway”.
- Give yourself a minute to come back to “reality”.
Ideas to get you going:
- A walk
- A short yoga or Tai Chi workout
- Dancing to your favorite music
- Talking with a friend on the phone
- Bubble bath with candles, bath oil* and music
- Self manicure and pedicure
- Reading a favorite book in a quiet spot
Feel free to add anything that you enjoy to this list, it’s just to give you some ideas to get started.
In a small bottle (2-8 ounces) pour in a carrier oil, like sweet almond oil, and then put in about 1/8 teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil and a few drops of an essential oil that you like, i.e. lavender. Close the bottle and shake it gently to mix the oils together and then pour a little into your bath before getting in.
Again my favorite supplier for this is www.glorybeefoods.com They will give a 10% discount to anyone who calls in their first order and mentions Studio 5.
**The easiest way to get started meditating is to pick something to focus on like a word or a picture and then let that idea fill your mind and push all other thoughts out. The more you do it the easier it gets and you’d be amazed at the benefits you start to notice.